Pagina's

Sunday 18 December 2016

ALL THE WAY UP







'So, are you going to make any trips?' That was the usual question in my classes and my usual answer was: 'No, why would I?' This generally resulted in some very surprised faces. To be fair, this question was mostly asked by my American classmates who travelled to a different country every single weekend. I understood why, but for me it felt a bit excessive. Why would I go anywhere when I was living in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe? I wanted to make the most of my time here, but this resulted in me only leaving the city three times in almost five months. So when my teacher asked us on the last day of classes what we had seen of Spain, I suddenly realized that I had, in fact, not really seen anything.
To fix this problem, we rented a car and made a short road trip to Montserrat. Slightly unprepared, we hiked up the mountain to be able to enjoy one of the best (the Table Mountain in Capetown was still number one) views I've seen in my life. So, there I stood. On a mountain looking over Spain with people I had met just that day, but who already felt like friends. And there I realized that this was a perfect summary of my time here. An amazing country, spontaneous experiences and lot and lots of really great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment